Bring your laptop or other device and connect to the Cheshire Public Library network. It’s available anywhere in the building. No password required.
(from a library computer)
Black & White – 10¢ a page
Color – 50¢ a page
Black & White copies – 10¢ a page
Color copies – 50¢ a page
Scanning to USB drive (bring your own) – FREE
Scanning to email – FREE
Available on the lower level of the library. Please check with the adult services desk.
Please Note: The library fax machine takes only credit or debit cards. NO CASH. Sending documents only. No receiving.
US, Canada & the Caribbean:
$1.75 for the first page
$1.00 for each additional page
$3.95 for the first page
$3.45 for each additional page
Beginning Monday, October 1st, there are six laptops on the lower level for public use. We will resume normal operations with twelve desktop computers on the lower level when electrical work is complete.
Thank you for your patience as we remodel the library!
Need device advice?
Have questions on the basics of computers, laptops, tablets, or eReaders? Call 203-272-2245, option 4 for assistance.
The library also offers monthly Drop-in Tech Help programs.
Study Rooms are available on the lower level.
The Mary Baldwin Room (main level) can hold up to 170 people.
The Moss Room (3rd floor) is good for groups of up to 10. NOTE: The Moss Room will be unavailable August-November because of the construction.
The Mary Baldwin Room & Moss Room MUST be reserved in advance. For fee schedule, see our Meeting Room Policy & Application
- Mobile hotspots are devices that provide mobile broadband wireless internet access. They’re easy to use and require no maintenance other than charging.
- You can check one out from the library and have internet access at home on tablets, laptops, or desktop computers. They use a cell signal and you connect to them as you would any wifi network.
Please note: Late Fees for Hotspots are $10 per day.
Hotspots are available to Cheshire residents at the circulation desk of the library. Each bag includes:
- 1 hotspot
- 1 charging cable
- 1 wall adapter
- 1 case
- 1 Getting Started guide
1. Hotspots may be borrowed by Cheshire residents only.
2. Hotspots must be returned to the circulation desk of the Cheshire Public Library during open hours (NOT in the bookdrop).
3. Hotspots may be checked out for two (2) weeks.
4. Hotspots are NOT renewable.
5. Hotpots may NOT be put on hold.
6. Late Fees for Hotspots are $10 per day.