* Cheshire Public Library now offers free wireless high-speed access to the Internet on all three levels of the building.
* Patrons must abide by the Library’s Internet Use Policy
* Printing is now available for wireless users. To print, click on the Mobile Print link on the homepage the website.
* The public wireless network is not secure, so please be aware that when you release personal information, including personal identifying information, credit card or bank account numbers, etc., you do so at your own risk.
* You are responsible for protecting your own computer from viruses and other malware.
* To connect to the wireless network, you will need a laptop with built-in wireless capability, or with a compatible network adapter card.
In Mac OS/X
* If the Airport icon in the top right of the screen is already visible, skip to the last step. When present, the Airport icon looks like a wedge of pizza with the pointed end down.
* Select the Apple Button (very upper left corner of your screen) and choose System Preferences from the drop-down list. From there, select Network.
* Select your AirPort entry, and click the Configure button.
* Make sure the Airport tab is selected from the top menu, and then place a check in the box labelled Show AirPort status in menu bar.
*Click the AirPort icon in the menu bar and select Turn Airport On if it is not already on. The Mac will automatically connect to the nearest available wireless network. Click the Airport icon again and you should see that “Cheshire Public Library” is selected. If it is not, click on “Cheshire Public Library” to select it.
In Windows 7
In the lower right corner of your screen, click the internet connection icon.
Click START and then CONTROL PANEL
Click Network and Internet
Click Network and Sharing Center
Click Connect to a Network
Select “Cheshire Public Library”