Cheshire Public Library has established the following circulation guidelines. These guidelines help ensure quality customer service & enable the library to practice non-discriminatory procedures, protect the privacy of patrons & provide protection from misuse of patron cards by unauthorized persons.
Getting a Card
- You must present a form of identification confirming your street address when applying for a new card or updating your card. There is no fee.
- You are responsible for items checked out on your card. Lost, stolen, or expired cards must be replaced or updated. There is a fee of $1.00 for a lost card.
- You can apply for a card online!
Books, CD’s, Audio Books, Lit Kits…28 Days
New adult books, magazines…14 Days
Mobile Hotspots…14 days
FastTrack Books…7 Days
QUIK FLIK DVD…3 days
Museum Passes…2 Days
- Museum Passes, FastTrack books, and QUIK FLIK DVDs cannot be renewed or reserved. Mobile Hotspots can be renewed ONCE, for 1 week.
- All other materials can be renewed twice, provided no one else is waiting for them. DVDs may be renewed twice, provided no one else is waiting for them.
- Phone renewal is available.
- Online renewal is available by logging into My Account.
- By law, staff cannot look up other patron accounts or other family members’ accounts unless it is for a minor child.
- You can look up your own account: My Account
- You must possess a current, valid library card to check out library materials, or to have staff look up your account.
- How to manage your account
FastTrack Books…NO LIMITS
QUIK FLIK DVD…NO LIMITS
Museum Passes…2 items, limited to Cheshire residents
Mobile Hotspots…Cheshire residents only
There are no limits on any other materials. There is no age restriction on any materials.
Holds / Reserves
- Holds/reserves can be placed on all items EXCEPT: FastTrack books, QUIK FLIK DVDs, and museum passes.
- Only Cheshire residents may place holds on Mobile Hotspots. Hotspots on hold must be picked up within 3 days.
- Holds can be placed in person, by phone, or online via My Account.
Adult Materials (including DVDs & Mobile Hotspots)…15¢ per day
Children’s/Teen’s Materials (including DVDs)…5¢ per day
Museum Passes…$10.00 per day
Senior citizens (65 and older) are charged fines on museum passes.
*Due date reminders, overdue notices, and holds notification are available via email OR text message (standard rates apply). You can pay fines online from home. Simply login to your account and click on Fines and Fees in the left-hand column.
Book drops are located in the front and back of the building. Materials returned in the bookdrops after the library closes will be checked in the following business day.
- If you are an out-of-town patron, you must have a current, valid library card from your hometown library.
DVD BORROWER RULES
- Anyone possessing a valid library card may borrow DVDs. You are responsible for overdue fines, damaged, and lost items.
- DVDs are loaned for one week. They are due before the library closes on their due date.
- QUIK FLIK DVDs go out for THREE DAYS and ARE NOT renewable.
- Overdue fines are determined by the Cheshire Town Council and are set by town ordinance.
- Both hot and cold weather ruin audiovisual materials so please don’t leave them in your car.
EMAIL NOTIFICATION OF HOLDS
Cheshire Public Library now offers email notification of available Reserves/Holds. If you would like to be notified of available holds via email, please make sure you have provided your email address to the library. If you have not done so yet, please inform any staff person at the Circulation Desk and they will add your email to your account. Please note: if you have email on your account, you will no longer receive a phone call informing you your item is available, only an email from email@example.com.
INTER-LIBRARY LOAN POLICY
INTER-LIBRARY LOAN ITEMS WILL ONLY BE OBTAINED FOR CHESHIRE RESIDENTS. Out-of-town patrons will need to contact their hometown libraries to request items that are not available through our consortium.